Saturday, January 14, 2012

Desperate Niche Search

This year I will be graduating from college earning my first four year degree. Finally.

However, I have yet to find my niche.

It is frustrating and time is running out. How is that I've been in school for almost 6 years now and still don't know what I truly want to do? 

As a journalism major, I have a love-hate relationship with the field of journalism and I'm constantly discouraged about pursuing it. I know that there are several areas of journalism I can choose from (which is why I never switched), and I am steady looking at my options.

I like editing, writing, typing, researching, reporting and publishing. I'm also growing to like photojournalism and photography in general.

I like reading about World/International news, geography and travel. Areas of history I like are the growth of media in the United States, Civil Rights Movement (various countries), Roaring Twenties, Panama Canal, Black history of Colombia, Brazil and Haiti, Race perception/stereotypes and the birth of them, and many others.

Over the recent years, I've enjoyed reading and researching about health and new discoveries.

I know what interests me, but even as I type this I still feel that something is missing......

No comments:

Post a Comment