Thursday, March 29, 2012

Watchlist: Part 2

In Watchlist: Part 1, I mentioned two new series that I would watch and a film.

ABC's new primetime show Scandal, led by Kerry Washington. Washington's character Olivia Pope is loosely based on Judy Smith, a former White House employee. Scandal is said to be first show to have a Black woman lead in 30 years. That's sad, but cool the trend was broken.

HBO's new series Girls. The show is about four young White women (spoiled and privileged) exploring life in New York City. As a native New Yorker, I wasn't thrilled with the casting choices, however knowing that New York City is not the racial harmony some people crack it out to be, I can deal with lack of color....for now. I just hope there are no stereotypes about the non-existant minorities on the show.


No comments:

Post a Comment