Thursday, June 14, 2012

Hypersomnia: Fixing the Problem (Part 2)


Read Part One.

Easier than I thought.

Since discovering the possible type of sleeping disorder I thought I may have had, I gradually changed my schedule to habituate a healthier sleeping habit. I thought it would be hard to do, but for two weeks straight, I've been waking up earlier, and sleepier earlier too. It was a challenge because I do not, nor do I like to sleep early. In my weird thinking, I feel that I miss out on things from sleeping early, but ironically I also miss out on even more things by waking up late.

In other words, I don't even think I actually have a sleeping disorder. My sleep schedule was just disorderly, and by over-thinking and being anxious about it, I misdiagnosed myself.

I did more research on Hypersomnia. While many of the symptoms sound similar to what I experience, a lot of other symptoms are things I don't have or at least have control over.

My sleeping issues are solely because I have a poor sleep schedule. I was able to see that, only because I started to change.

I guess it's great to be aware of your health and habits that may impact it, but I actually believed I had a condition. Another reason why it's important to live a healthy lifestyle.


No comments:

Post a Comment