Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Vôce Fala Português ?

Sim. Ummm.... um pouco.

I took an interest in learning Portuguese several years ago. I find the language very beautiful, not at all like Spanish, though they are similar, often compared and yet completely different. I swore for the new year 2011, I would brush up on my French and learn a new language. I finally decided to go forth with learning Portuguese this past May. It's an amazing language. I love it. I love the sound of it, the words and pronunciation. I found a great website that have helped me learn a great deal of Portuguese. But my uninspiring attitude and laziness is keeping me behind in my learning. I have always heard, and believed that learning a language after a certain age becomes extremely difficult. Since I'm in my early twenties I figured why not, though my brain is incredibly developed by now I would like to learn the Portuguese language. Other reasons are the 2014 World Cup which will take place in Brazil (again). I love football and Brazil is one of my top travel destinations, so why not learn the language now? I wonder how long does it take to be able to learn, write, listen and speak a new language? Especially when you're not around native speakers?

No comments:

Post a Comment